Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Last Round of Chemo!

About two weeks ago I had my 6th and final round of chemo. Now I am just in the "wait and see" mode. I have one more week until I have my PET scan. I am very anxious to see the results. It's also scary at the same time. I guess it's the fear of the unknown, but things thus far have been looking positive for me, so I hope that it stays that way.

This 6th round of chemo has been alright. It seems that the more chemo you get the longer it takes to get out of your system. I did have to deal with some new challenges this time around. I did get mouth sores for the first time that lasted for days. Seriously, it made things so miserable. It sucks when it hurts to eat and even when I didn't eat, my mouth still hurt. Things are healing up now which is such a relief.

On Saturday the 20th the Bake Sale happened. When I walked into my parents house that morning I was astonished. There were baked goods every where. All the tables that we had set up were just filled with goodies. The bake sale was such a great success! There were so many people that showed up that were near and dear to me. There also were a few people that came that were complete strangers. They said they just followed the bake sale signs that were put up. I have been thinking a lot about this bake sale. I have been filled with so much gratitude. There were so many that helped make this happen. Especially my sister-in-law Crystal. I am truly humbled by how many people took the time out of their busy day to bake something to donate. I said to myself today. Kathryn, do you realize that these people that donated at the bake sale made your life so much easier? I just started to cry, because people have been so kind and generous to me. They have helped lift a huge burden off my shoulders. Words can't describe how humbling of an experience this was to me. I hope and pray that people who came and supported know how thankful I am for them and their generosity. 

My bother-in-law, niece and nephews at the bake sale!
 

 Well that's all I have for now. I will update you all in about a week and let you know how the PET scan goes. I love you all! Many thanks for the love and support!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment