Thursday, October 4, 2012

CT scan report.

    This week has been more of an eventful week for me. I got a CT scan done this past Tuesday. The reason for this was to see if I have made any progress with my cancer treatments. I saw my doctor the next day (Wednesday), along with getting my 5th round of chemo. The doctor had good news to report about the CT scan. I originally had three tumors in my abdomen.(Which I never really knew til yesterday.) One was in my spleen, the second one was in my liver, and the third was in two lymph nodes by my aorta. When I first heard aorta I thought, O MY GOSH! I had a tumor by my heart! Then I was reminded that your aorta is long. It extends down into your abdomen. So to clarify to you all the tumor in my lymph nodes by my aorta is in my abdomen not by my heart. The CT scan that was taken a couple days ago only showed tiny little spots of cancer/inflammation that is resolving itself in my spleen and liver. My spleen is still slightly enlarged, but nothing to worry about. The doctors told me that my spleen may never go back down to its complete normal size. As for my liver, it has gone back down to its normal size. Also the tumor that was in the two lymph nodes by my aorta, they have shrunk down and things there are looking really positive. The doctors did make a comment that they remember seeing my first CT scans from the beginning of all this and they said that they were quite impressed.(This was because of how enlarged my spleen and liver were.) Then they looked at me, smiled and said "and you don't want to impress us." So all in all I had really good news on Wednesday. I am just waiting to have my 6th round of chemo in 2 weeks and in 5 weeks get a PET scan to confirm that  I don't have to go through any more chemo! :)

I had a thought this last week about having a bald head, because someone asked me, isn't it so nice not to have to worry about doing your hair? To be honest it has been plus not having to worry about it. That question also reminded me when I was told that showering would become much faster as well, but for me that isn't the case. I loooovvvveee showers. They are still just as long as when I had hair. Then the thought popped into my head. Ya know when I had hair, there were so many days that I would complain about it. wither it was greasy, having to take the time to do it, or just simply when I thought I was having a bad hair day. Since you don't know what you got til it's gone, having a bald head has made me more thankful for those bad hair days. I hope and pray that when my hair grows back that I will remember to be thankful and not complain because there are people out there that don't have hair.


I love you all that have supported me through out this time. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day. I know it isn't easy to do,  whether or not it has been big or small it has made a difference in my life!              

3 comments:

  1. So glad things are improving and looking great. So is the 6th round of chemo the last round? I hope so. Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for things like hair. I never thought of that as being something I am grateful for. I tend to envy people with prettier hair. I will work on being grateful for what I have and not covet the stuff others have. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! I'm so glad you've had great results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i might cry. this is so good. and i couldn't have been happier to have the quality time we had with you the other night. love you lots!

    ReplyDelete