Tuesday, August 21, 2012

For the first time.




 Yesterday for the first time I colored my hair purple, teal, fuschia, red, and a little bit of blue. I figured why not have a little fun with my hair before I have to shave it all off? My sister-in-law Shellie was the one that did my 'Mixed Berry Kool-Aid' hair. We had a fun time coloring it.

Today I am surgically getting a port placed in my chest so I can recieve chemo. This is the first time I have ever had to have surgery. I am a little nervous, but hopefully it wont be that bad. Then Tomorrow is the 2nd round of chemo. The doctors told me that the 2nd round of chemo wont be as rough as my first. I hope and pray they are right, because the first round had its ups and downs, but at some points it was pretty rocky for me.

4 comments:

  1. kathryn! your hair looks amazing! be strong and i'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty hair. Good luck with the surgery. I think that hair makes you look strong and independent like you are. I am sorry you have to go through this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, your in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you dyed your hair! That is so awesome! Good luck with your port surgery. I'm glad you are getting a port. It will be so much easier to get your chemo through a port that with an IV. I had a chest port as well. I'm glad that you decided to keep a blog. I blogged when I had cancer and it was really theraputic for me to write about what was going on. I don't know if you are interested but if you ever want to read it it's megsnest.blogspot.com.

    I sure love you cute girl! I'm praying for you and thinking of you often. You are such a strong girl! Thanks for sharing these awesome pics of your hair!

    ReplyDelete