Monday, September 10, 2012

Update.

well just thought I would write another update since I haven't in awhile. I feel that I am doing fairly well. I can't thank people enough for their kind thoughts, comments and prayers. They really mean so much to me.

So for 5 days after I get chemo they have me taking steroids. I guess they help with some of the side effects of chemo, but the down fall is I have the hardest time going to sleep at night. So they gave me Ambien, which is a pretty strong sleeping pill. So now I have been sleeping much better at night. Thank Heavens for Ambien!

Today I have been pretty fatigued and I haven't done much of anything today. It gets really frustrating when I feel like this. I hate feeling like an old person. Seriously, this must be how old people feel! I have no muscle strength and I get tired so easily. I also realized today that I don't think I will ever get used to being bald. I don't like wearing hats or scarfs that much, because I feel even more bald wearing them, but as time goes on it gets harder to ignore when people stare at me. Not just glance, but full on stare! I took my mom to the store today and decided to stay in the car. This couple about my age was walking past and I could loudly hear this girl say to her boyfriend, SHE IS BALD. I said to myself, yes...yes I am. Then I had to say to myself, she doesn't understand and she has no idea what is going on in my life. I mean, I didn't shave my head for the heck of it, but it's ok I get over it. It's just for those couple seconds that I get emotional then think people look retarded when they stare. Anyways. Sorry if that offended anyone. I thank people again for all their love and concern. Keep up the prayers! I need them!         

1 comment:

  1. You should have opened your door and said, "And I'm also fighting cancer. So be grateful you have hair. Being bald is the least of my worries." It would have made her think twice! And I totally would have been rude if I was you:) Plus, if anyone can pull off being bald, it's you! You look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete